At Target Media, we are ALL IN! Meaning, what we do matters. ENGAGEMENT is at the heart of what we do. We help our clients engage with the right customers at the right time and place with the right message. Our work enables client growth by strengthening relationships with customers and partners, improving productivity, and remaining competitive in the marketplace.
We are looking for people to join our team who are focused on engaging their lives personally and professionally!
Director of Sales
The Director of Sales (DS) for Target Media reports directly to the SVP, Business & Innovation and is responsible for account acquisitions, communications and management including maintaining client-partner relationships. We are looking for someone with an established record of sales leadership, account management and revenue generation as well as a deep understanding and passion for media.
The DS will receive assigned client(s) and account(s) and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of these accounts. This position works alongside and collaborates with the media buying teams.
This is a Full-Time Exempt Level position. Typical Days and hours of work are standard, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Additional evening and/or weekend work may be required. This job operates in a professional office environment and within related sales territory. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Target Media full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays.
Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our team great benefits are just part of what makes Target Media a great place to work.
- Account Service Management (30% of allotted time) – The DS will act as the primary point of contact for select current clients as well as any clients acquired through personal sales efforts. The DS will be responsible for communicating client goals, budgets, expectations and strategic objectives to the media buying team and will review all media plans and presentations prior to client review. The DS will work with the established Target Media service team to ensure that all creative, production and media deadlines are met. Additionally, the DS will maintain the client-partner relationship to include, but not limited to networking, outreach and anticipating client expectations.
- This may include but is not limited to research, monitoring key media opportunities, continually increasing understanding of how new media interacts with traditional media, uncovering incremental sales opportunities that meet client objectives, and collaborating on rationale statements for client presentations.
- Reports – DS will deliver the media rationale and corresponding reach, frequency, buy detail, multi-media, supporting documents and research reports as appropriate for each plan.
- Account Acquisition (70% of allotted time) – The DS is responsible for identifying new business opportunities, setting meetings, presenting Target Media’s unique advantages and benefits, negotiating, and finalizing Letters of Appointment and Authorizations as well as acquiring new business contracts.
- Goals – The DS will work with the SVP, Business & Innovation to establish clearly defined measurable goals while that align themselves with Target Media’s Key Performance Indicators and annual sales goals. Performance metrics will be established for the DS and will be reviewed as required.
- Reports – The DS will prepare all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by the SVP, Business & Innovation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Business degree, or related master’s degree.
- 2-3 years’ work-related experience or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Proven sales experience.
- Exceptional client-relations skills.
- Understanding of media buying, planning and placement to collaborate on strategic plans that will meet client objectives.
- Must be computer literate with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and various other programs as required.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, anticipate needs, follow-up, communicate effectively and thoroughly with clients and co-workers via phone and secure video link, written correspondence, face-to-face meetings and/or email.
- Emotional intelligence and GRIT.
- Ability to research, prospect, present ideas, manage objectives, and close business.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, anticipate needs, follow-up, communicate effectively and thoroughly with clients via phone, written correspondence, and face-to-face meetings.
- Understanding and a working knowledge of media buying, planning and placement to collaborate on strategic plans that will meet client objectives.
- Positive team player who will actively participate in company development objectives.
- Must display effective experience in client interactions and the ability to relate client needs and plan requirements effectively.
Travel is minimal, but primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected as determined by the business needs of the company.
Given the COVID-19 pandemic, Target Media has embraced a remote work from home policy until further notice. Team members must be actively available and working during regular work hours and be present and on video for all team calls.
The DS will be paid a combination of salary and commission plus standard benefits with additional incentives based on annual performance reviews and quota attainment.
Annual performance review will be based on completion of required tasks as well as several key performance objectives and adhering to Target Media’s Handbook Policies and Procedures.
Target Media is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.