At Target Media, we are ALL IN! Meaning, what we do matters. ENGAGEMENT is at the heart of what we do. We help our clients engage with the right customers at the right time and place with the right message.
Our work enables client growth by strengthening relationships with customers and partners, improving productivity, and remaining competitive in the marketplace.
We are looking for people to join our team who are focused on engaging their lives personally and professionally!
Target Media is seeking an experienced Media Buyer to work with our diverse portfolio of accounts. The Media Buyer will assist with the day-to-day analysis, planning and execution of TV, Cable, Radio, OOH, Transit, Print, Paid Search, Digital Display, Video, OTT and Social Media campaigns. A successful candidate will be revenue-minded, have superior attention to detail, and be passionate about our clients’ success.
The Media Buyer will report directly to the VP of Media Buying & Strategy and will help with the entrepreneurial growth of the team as we aspire to grow exponentially over the next several years.
- Media Planning/Buying – A Media Buyer will work with the VP of Media Buying & Strategy, Account Executives and Account Managers to develop strategic and effective plans that meet specific client objectives and maximize cost-efficiencies. This may include but is not limited to research, managing the avail process, monitoring key media opportunities, continually increasing understanding of how new media interacts with traditional media, uncovering incremental sales opportunities that meet client objectives, negotiating media buys to maximize ROI, leveraging buys to deliver added value, and writing rationale statements for client presentations.
- Account Maintenance – The Media Buyer will work with the VP of Media Buying & Strategy, Account Executives and Account Managers to ensure that traditional and digital/social components of media plans and client projects are executed accurately. This may include, but is not limited to maintaining client files, creating production calendars and media plan overviews, assisting with client presentations and on-boarding meetings, communicating deadlines and closing dates, trafficking production materials, and maintaining media/client contact information.
- Goals – A Media Buyer will work with the VP of Media Buying & Strategy to establish clearly defined measurable goals that align themselves with Target Media’s Clients’ Specific Objectives.
- Campaign Reconciliation & Reports – The Media Buyer will assist in maintaining traditional and digital plans as well as preparing monthly Digital/Online Roll-up and Proof of Performance reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business, or related experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of integrated media buying experience preferred, including research, planning, placement, monitoring/optimizing and reconciliation.
- Understanding of media and audience metrics.
- Google AdWords & Google Analytics Certifications required.
- Google Data Studio experience preferred.
- DSP experience preferred.
- Traditional Media buying experience including of TV, Cable, Radio, OOH, Transit, and Print.
- Strong attention to detail with a strong mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work well under pressure with multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Exceptional client-relations skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Strata, Eleven, and various media software tools.
This is a Full-Time Exempt Level position. Typical Days and hours of work are standard, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Additional evening and/or weekend work may be required. This job operates in a professional office environment and within related sales territory. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Target Media full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays.
In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our team great benefits are just part of what makes Target Media a great place to work.
Travel is minimal, but primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected as determined by the business needs of the company.
Given the COVID-19 pandemic, Target Media has embraced a remote work from home policy until further notice. Team members must be actively available and working during regular work hours and be present and on video for all team calls.
This position will be paid a base salary, service-based commission structure, plus exceptional benefits with additional incentives based on annual performance reviews and quota attainment.
Annual performance review will be based on meeting and exceeding required tasks, as well as achieving several key performance objectives as outlined by senior management and adhering to Target Media Handbook Policies and Procedures.
Target Media is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.