At Target Media Inc., we believe we are ALL IN! Meaning, what we do matters. It matters for our careers, and it also matters for our clients. We are looking to have people join our team who are focused on their growth. We know and understand the challenges of staying competitive in an advertising world, which is why we’re always using cutting edge technology and research on all platforms. We are not only proud of what we do, we love doing it!
Assistant Media Buyer
This is a Full-Time, Exempt, Entry-Level position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Extended hours are required as a per need basis. This job operates in a professional in-person and virtual office environment.
An Assistant Media Buyer is responsible for assisting Media Buyers with the entire media buying process. This includes, but is not limited to: strategy, planning, negotiating and placement, campaign management and reporting of advertisements across all mediums. This includes TV, Radio, Cable, OTT, Out of Home, Direct Mail, Experiential, Social and Digital. The candidate is expected to maintain relationships with vendors and, at times, clients. The candidate is responsible for staying up to date on advertising trends in various markets to provide information to clients as needed.
Media Planning/Buying –
- Media Research: Assistant Media Buyer will be involved with exploring, gathering and presenting media research to Media Buyers to help build effective, integrated media plans.
- Communication with vendors: Assistant Media Buyer will communicate with vendors regarding availability, cost, and specifications of media.
- Media Buying: Assistant Media Buyer will create and send electronic media orders to all media outlets.
- Media Presentations: Assistant Media Buyer will work with Media Buyers to develop client facing media presentations, including media research, consumption habits, and details related to media strategy.
- Budgeting: Assistant Media Buyer will work with Media Buyers to create accurate internal and client budgets.
- Monitor media activities: Assistant Media Buyer will work with Media Buyers to track media placements, ensuring that all advertisements run as ordered. Additionally, the candidate will work with vendors to request make goods for any media not run correctly.
- Media Invoicing: Assistant Media Buyer will work with Media Buyers to review and maintain monthly media invoicing and with vendors in requesting and receiving missing monthly invoices.
- Other duties as assigned related to the media buying and client services processes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Business. One-year experience in a Media Support Role or any similar combination of education and experience is desired, but Target Media is willing to train a recent college graduate with desired qualities and skills.
- Responsible, trustworthy, disciplined and responsiveness is a must
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills with a customer service focus
- Strong organization and administrative skills
- Ability to think critically and analytically in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer/tech skills, with Office365 experience and willingness to learn proprietary software
- Proactive multi-tasker with the ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects on a deadline
- Positive attitude, team-player who actively advances company and client objectives
- Basic understanding of media buying, planning, and placement process
- Issue resolution and negotiation skills
- Process-oriented, detail-oriented, open-minded, coachable and willing to self-learn and grow
Travel is minimal but is determined by the business needs of the company.
Assistant Media Buyer will be paid a base salary, plus employer subsidized health, and 401k benefits as outlined in the Target Media/Target Digital Handbook. Additional incentives may be offered based on annual performance reviews, as applicable.
Annual performance review will be based on the quality completion of required tasks as well as a several key performance objective and adhering to Target Media’s Handbook Policies and Procedures.
Target Media is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.